Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm Back...and closer

The pneumonia is gone and it allowed me to quit smoking quite easily. We left Texas and stopped off in New Orleans on our way to Alabama. Spent a few days visiting family and friends before heading out into this strange new world they call Alabama. It's only a four to four and half hour drive. Much more manageable than the nine I was doing. People are friendly. However, witnessing true rural poverty in the small Alabama town that's just a couple of miles from where we now live was eye opening. It was also a little frightening to experience a tornado siren (at 1:30 am) in our first week here.

But I am overjoyed that its a short road trip to New Orleans and I can come home whenever I want. So the trade off is fair.

1 comment:

Leigh C. said...

Well, all RIGHT! Good to hear from you, madame. Be well, and Happy New Year!